Since my eyeballs and fingers do not seem to work as well as they used to do, I stuck with 1206 size components but tried sot23 size transistors for the first time. Unfortunately I only had the correct value for several resistors in 805 size, so I had to use them. Since they were connecting to ground on one end I did not have to change the layout. Actually after I got the hang of using paste solder and a hot air gun, it is probably easier and faster than soldering through hole components. After it was done I hooked it up to the Chinese SNA to adjust the output filter. The 60 pf capacitor I used tuned down to 12Mhz. so I did not need to add any capacitance.
|12 Mhz 2nd IF amplifier response|
After everything was adjusted, I soldered the shield sides on the module. I will add the top when I get ready to put everything in a box. Now I am in the process of laying out the relay switched band-pass filters, that is turning out to be more than a little interesting project. Will keep you informed.